Friday, April 15, 2011

Dream Six

Last night, I had the most peculiar dream! I dreamt that I was visiting friends from home on a break from school. For some unknown reason, we were gathered in a vacant parking lot in downtown Seattle. Being from an upper-middle class suburban area, this is a highly unrealistic location to get together with friends. We were driving away when we were struck by a semi-truck. The truck caused enormous damage, totaling the car. In the dream, I was barely conscious but realized that a friend was horrifically wounded. This friend happens to be more of an acquaintance; he is, in fact, the brother of one of my best friends who only occasionally hangs out with us. Jared had an enormous cut across his leg, revealing a severed artery. In the dream, I immediately grabbed the artery hoping to stop the bleeding. When the ambulance arrived, I was told that I had to maintain pressure on the wound or Jared would bleed out in seconds. Upon arrival at the hospital, we were greeted by the staff as if we were frequent visitors. Even my dream self could not understand how the hospital staff knew us so well. When I took another look at Jared, he had changed. Now, rather than holding Jared's wound together, I was assisting an unknown African American woman. I have never seen this young woman before, though my dream self was unconcerned with this transformation. Most interestingly, it was not until I woke up that I realized how odd it was that Jared had spontaneously evolved into a new person. The dream ended with me no longer needing to assist the patient and going home with friends. It was a very unassuming ending to such an incredible dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment